Organization: Turning Point for Women and Families, New York
Job Title: Youth Program Coordinator – Full time
Reports to: Deputy Director
Start Date: Immediate
This opening offers an excellent opportunity to work with a NYC non-profit organization that serves Muslim women and families by addressing domestic violence through crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, advocacy, outreach, education and training. Turning Point is committed to helping Muslim women empower themselves and live a life with dignity and free of violence. It also works with young Muslim women and girls, provides peer support and helps them acquire leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Interview, train and supervise Youth Program staff
- Monitor Youth Program staff performance and conduct annual evaluations
- Prepare and plan a schedule of events to ensure maximum results
- Prepare reports for internal use and funders
- Evaluate program activities to ensure goals are being met in a timely manner
- Maintain professional relationships with community partners, city departments and various agencies
- Organize all program events including ARISE NY! Anti-Bullying Workshops and Summit and Mecca to Manhattan: Muslim Women Moving Mountains® to ensure maximum turnout and participation
- Outreach to teenage girls and young women (high school and college level) to recruit new members for our weekly youth group and our annual Young Women’s Leadership Program known as the Mecca to Manhattan: Muslim Women Moving Mountains® workshop series in Manhattan
- Be available on weekends and evenings when needed, especially Saturdays for M2M leadership series and annual ARISE NY! Summit
- Actively participate in community events and youth-related activities.
- Implement additional youth-related projects as they arise
- Provide administrative support and other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 2 years of experience working with young people, community organizing, and/or in a social service setting. Proficiency in English and excellent written/oral communication skills are required. The candidate must be comfortable working within New
York City’s Muslim community and have a good understanding of the unique and complex needs of Muslim women and girls. A demonstrated commitment to working with under-privileged Muslim young women and girls and a deep desire to effect social change is highly desirable. The candidate must be a team player, flexible, organized, creative, energetic, and willing to learn and grow. A minimum of two-year commitment is required for this position.
Paid vacation, sick time, personal days, health insurance benefits including dental and vision
$42,000-45,000 per year commensurate with qualifications/experience
To apply for this position, please send us your resume with a cover letter and names/email and phone contact of 3 work related references by email to email@example.com.
Turning Point for Women and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org