Organization: Turning Point for Women and Families, New York
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediate
This opening offers an excellent opportunity to work with a community-based non-profit organization that works with Muslim women and families to address domestic violence through crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, advocacy, outreach, education and training. Turning Point is committed to helping Muslim women empower themselves and live a life free of violence. It also works with young Muslim women and girls, provides peer support and helps them acquire leadership and interpersonal skills.
Duties of the Administrative Assistant will include the following:
- Receiving/directing phone calls
- Doing intakes with helpline callers
- Maintaining the reception area, receiving clients and visitors
- Scheduling/maintaining client appointments
- Checking incoming emails and directing them to relevant staff
- Ensuring that monthly staff timesheets are submitted/corrected and uploaded in a timely manner
- Maintaining staff vacation/sick days log
- Maintaining petty cash account
- Documenting statistics of all services provided is necessary and the Administrative Assistant is required to keep records updated each month and made available at short notice
- Ensure availability of office/program supplies, maintain an inventory and ensure timely replenishment
- Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate would have a college degree, preferably an undergrad and would be a team player who is enthusiastic and eager to learn about and work within NYC’s Muslim community as she develops required skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, punctuality, and time management skills are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, Publisher etc.), Adobe, Google Drive, and Outlook are required. Knowledge of and interest in NYC’s Muslim community is a plus. An organized individual who is flexible and is willing to learn and grow would be best suited for this position.
To apply for this position, please send us your resume with a cover letter including names/email and phone contacts of 3 work-related references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Until filled Contact: email@example.com No phone calls please!
Turning Point for Women and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org