Organization: Turning Point for Women and Families, New York
Job Title: Administrative Manager – Full Time
Reports to: Deputy Director
Start Date: Immediate
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a NYC non-profit organization that works with Muslim women and families to address domestic violence through crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, advocacy, outreach, education and training. Turning Point is committed to helping Muslim women empower themselves and live a life free of violence. It also works with young Muslim women and girls, provides peer support and helps them acquire leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Receiving/directing phone calls
- Doing intakes with helpline callers
- Maintaining the reception area, receiving clients and visitors
- Scheduling/maintaining client appointments
- Checking incoming emails and directing them to relevant staff
- Ensuring that monthly staff timesheets are submitted/corrected and uploaded in a timely manner
- Maintaining staff vacation/sick days log
- Maintaining petty cash account
- Documenting statistics of all services provided is necessary and the Administrative Manager is required to keep records updated each month and made available at short notice
- Ensure availability of office/program supplies, maintain an inventory and ensure timely replenishment
- Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate would hold a bachelor’s degree and would be a team player who is enthusiastic and eager to learn about and work within NYC’s Muslim community as she develops required skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, punctuality, and time management skills are required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, Publisher etc.), Adobe, Google Drive, and Outlook are required. Knowledge of and interest in NYC’s Muslim community is a plus. An organized individual who is flexible and is willing to learn and grow would be best suited for this position. A minimum of two-year commitment is required for this position.
Paid vacation, sick time, personal days, full health insurance benefits including dental and vision.
$36,000-38,000 per year commensurate with skills/experience
To apply for this position, please send us your resume with a cover letter including names/email and phone contacts of 3 work-related references via email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Until filled Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please!
Turning Point for Women and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com